- Conference Keynote/Plenary Session
- Leadership or Strategic Planning Sessions
- Workshops and Breakout Sessions
- Walkable Community/Safe Routes to School Workshop
- Activity Sessions
Mark is happy to lead innovative physical activity breaks, even as short as a few minutes between sessions in a standard conference or plenary session. Some warm-up moves and a little walking can work wonders in awakening a drowsy crowd. If you would prefer a more structured activity session, then Mark offers two specific sessions that you might like to start or end the day.
- Health and Fitness Walking. Most often utilized in the morning, lunch break, or after-session time slots, making a facilitated walk available to participants assures that they don't spend all of their time in conference rooms. I lead proper pre-walk warm-ups and post-walk stretches, and provide practical tips on healthy walking technique, selecting footwear, and maximizing your walking workout. Inevitably participants demand a quick racewalking demonstration, which tends to end the session with everyone in high spirits (usually at Mark's expense)!
- Nordic Walking. All the rage in Europe, Nordic Walking is simply exercise walking with poles. Developed as dry-land training for Nordic (cross-country) skiers, the movement is easy to adopt, with an alternating arm and leg action. But it can increase the calorie burn over normal walking at the same speed by 20% to 40% by recruiting muscles of the upper body, while reducing impact on the lower extremity. Hikers have been using poles for decades for stability on rugged terrain, but now they're being commonly used on more moderate trails and pathways to boost the quality and intensity of the workout. Be assured that you are in good hands, as Mark is a certified Nordic Walking Master Coach (as certified by the International Nordic Walking Association!)